Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Speaker Spotlight - Lindsey

When Lindsey joined our panel of speakers, we were of course thrilled. She is an inspiring homeschooling mom of 3, writes a super fun blog that features the now famous WIWW posts (these are my favorite!), and is the powerhouse woman behind the mega successful shop The Pleated Poppy. With all that great success, she still very much manages to be the girl next door that you'd love to meet. I have personally wanted to meet her for a while and I can't wait till September. I hope she doesn't mind hugs!
As with our previous speakers, we asked them a series of questions to find out a little more about them, so let's hear what Lindsey had to say...

*What is one thing about you that might surprise people?   It might surprise people that i am not very outgoing at all.  in fact, i'd so much rather be a wall flower in a room full of strangers and have to give myself a little pep talk ("you are really comfortable with this, lindsey.  you love meeting new people!") before i go to conferences.  i'm much more outgoing on my blog and with my family and close friends, but on my blog it really feels like i'm just talking to myself.  but... when i was a little girl, i was extremely outgoing and loved meeting strangers - oh, the stories my mom could tell!

*When you were little, what did you want to "be" when you grew up? 
When i was little i never really had a strong desire to be anything specific.  even through college i never felt like i was headed in the right direction, to a career i would love.  but "it" found me instead.  i had been raised with a love for crafting and design, but never pursued it until in college i became a faux finisher.  then i turned my flea marketing hobby into a small business, then eventually started my own handmade accessory business, the pleated poppy!

*If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be? 
mama

*Desert Island.  3 things.  Go. 
chocolate, sean (my husband), sunscreen.  wow!  how did chocolate come before sean?

*Why do you feel God has brought you to the blogging world? 
it hasn't really been clear to me until this year.  i feel like He is opening up huge opportunities for me to share Christ with those that have been mislead in their lives,  all through the relationships i've been building through blogging and my business.

I loved reading Lindsey's answers, and I especially love that she put chocolate before Sean, and then left her answer!  Sweet tooth and honest, a girl after my own heart.  Can't wait till September to meet Lindsey?  Head on over to her blog to get a daily dose of her and her fun family, or visit her shop to see the night owl's work unfold.  She just added bloom belts that are to die for! 

If you've missed our past speaker spotlights, make sure to check them out!  Ready about Maggie of Gussy fame here and Nish of The Outdoor Wife here.

No comments:

Post a Comment