Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Speaker Spotlight - Laura


Laura blogs over at Ascot Friday, a personal style diary of sorts.  As a Visual Director for Anthropologie, she's surrounded by colorful inspiration on a daily basis, so it's no wonder her own space on the web is a feast of stylish outfit posts and fun graphics.  We're excited to have her speak at Blog Sugar about cultivating your own personal style and can't wait to hear what brilliant advice and tips she'll give.  For now, here's a little Q&A to help us get to know Laura a bit better...

*What is one thing about you that might surprise people? 
I hate small talk.  I don't mind public speaking, but it's the one on one with strangers that has me weak in the knees. However it's something I'm working on.

*When you were little, what did you want to "be" when you grew up? 
Well...when we were little my sister and I loved to play 'Nordstrom'. We had bunk beds and we would 'merchandise' the clothes on them. I guess it was in my blood all along!

*If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would it be? 
Can I have 2 words? Loving and stylish.

*Desert Island.  3 things.  Go. 
1. Laptop (with unlimited battery/internet supply), 2. a fabulous caftan dress 3. Sparkling mineral water 

*Why do you feel God has brought you to the blogging world? 
I think I have a unique perspective into the 'fashion world', and as a Christian believe that God has a plan for me to impact it in some way. What is that plan exactly?
I'm still working on it......

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the small talk. I think I have adult anxiety or something, because when in a big group of grown-ups I tend to rattle on and on with nerves.

    Looking forward to meeting you (and seeing what you wear!) ;o)

    ReplyDelete